Expression of Interest
Dean, Faculty of Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Location: Hawthorn East
- Continuing – Full time
- Level D or E
We are seeking an exceptional and experienced senior academic to lead the delivery of high-quality research and teaching and actively shape the future strategic direction of the Faculty of Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy.
The Cairnmillar Institute is a vibrant and multifaceted not-for-profit higher education provider that for 60 years, has provided an excellent range of health and clinical services and postgraduate programs in psychology, counselling and psychotherapy, as well as short courses and professional development. Cairnmillar is one of the largest trainers of postgraduate psychologists and counsellors in Australia and is consistently rated highly in student satisfaction, as shown by QILT data.
Having recently received Self Accrediting Authority, we are seeking a Dean to take the Faculty to the next level of quality and growth.
This key leadership position requires an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, a well-established academic career, knowledge of best practices in accreditation and academic governance, an active research program, and an excellent learning and teaching background.
The Dean is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for the Faculty’s performance in teaching and learning, research productivity, and financial and resource management. The Dean will work effectively with the Associate and Deputy Deans to drive growth and development and enhance the profile and research impact of the Faculty. Building on Cairnmillar’s values-based and high-performance culture, the Dean will also provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to ensure academic achievement and the delivery of high-quality courses in a collegial and equitable environment.
We seek an emotionally intelligent, experienced academic leader with the ability to work effectively with others and a desire to achieve the best outcomes for students and staff. The ability to foster relationships with industry, government, professionals, and community is also key to the success of this position.
The successful candidate will have:
- A successful track record in academic leadership in the fields of psychology and/or counselling and psychotherapy
- An ability to develop and implement a successful vision and business plan which aligns withInstitute’s objectives
- A values-driven leadership style
- Proven experience in leadership and management of academic staff, including management of staff workloads
- Demonstrated capability in strategic thinking and planning
- Expertise in course development and a sound understanding of pedagogy
- Knowledge and experience in relation to higher education standards, accreditation and professional requirements
- Established research programs with publications in high-impact journals
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and industry partners and or government agencies
- Efficient and accurate administrative record keeping.
This recruitment will be conducted in two stages. For further information, please contact Professor Kathryn von Treuer, CEO and Provost, at email@example.com or phone: 02 9813 3400 by 11 pm, 23 December 2022.
The Cairnmillar Institute promotes the following values: collaboration, compassion, integrity, professionalism and respect and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Cairnmillar is an equal-opportunity employer committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce to reflect the community it serves.