Deputy Director Clinical Services
- Location: Hawthorn East
- 0.8 - Full time
Change Lives and Join our Mission for Better Mental Health with a Rewarding Career.
We are seeking to fill the role of Deputy Director of Clinical Services across our clinics. As the Deputy Director of Clinical Services your primary role is the support, clinical governance, quality assurance, and practice development of students, clinicians and consultants working in the clinics, along with the operational management and strategic planning of the clinical services across all sites.
About the Cairnmillar Institute:
The Cairnmillar Institute is a not-for-profit registered health promotion charity that has been providing high-quality professional education and accessible psychological services to promote the psychological well-being of the community for nearly 60 years.
Cairnmillar is now one of the largest trainers of postgraduate psychologists and counsellors in Australia. We offer an excellent range of clinic services, postgraduate programs in psychology and counselling, and short courses and professional development for the broader community.
The role is responsible for ensuring high-quality and ethical delivery of services in the clinics. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Director of Clinical Services to monitor and grow referrals and ensure clinicians and students have appropriate and sufficient numbers of referrals.
- Contributing to planning, decision making and marketing of clinical services in line with Cairnmillar’s strategic and operational plans and objectives.
- Integrating continuous quality improvement strategies, clinical risk management processes and procedures, and ensuring adherence with current legislation.
- The design and implementation of clinic relevant education programs and initiatives.
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality client care, in order to meet the goals of the clinical services.
- Promoting and establishing strategic partnerships to enhance service access, referrals, visibility and reputation.
- Providing individual and group practice/clinical supervision to clinicians and provisional psychologists (where appropriate).
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality client care in order to meet the goals of the community clinic services.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience working as a psychologist.
- Demonstrated experience in managing psychologists/clinicians working in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience in providing clinical supervision to clinicians/ psychologists.
- Demonstrated senior-level experience in influencing, negotiating, problem-solving, and multiple stakeholder management.
- Proven experience delivering improvements in financial performance, quality service delivery and other key indicators.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Application closing date: Saturday, 26 August, 2023
For further information, please contact
Rudy Gonzalez, Director of Clinical Services at email@example.com.
A Police Check will be required from the successful applicant as a condition of employment.
How to apply?
Please submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following documents:
- Cover letter.
- An up-to-date resume.
Why join Cairnmillar:
- Mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- A fun collaborative team focussed on professional development with continual on the job learning.
- Open door policy and a genuine focus on wellbeing.
- A purpose driven culture where respect, inclusion and diversity are priority.
- Salary packaging options
Cairnmillar values diversity, inclusion and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
The Cairnmillar Institute promotes the following values: collaboration, compassion, integrity, professionalism and respect and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Cairnmillar is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the community it serves.
Acknowledgement of Country
The Cairnmillar Institute acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are meeting. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and the Aboriginal Elders of other communities who may be here today.