Expression of Interest for Clinical Psychology Supervisors
We are hiring Clinical Psychologist Supervisors.
Are you looking to work in a thriving environment that supports the learning and development of practitioners?
- Join one of the largest psychology and counselling training institutes in Australia
- Be part of a supportive team
- Work remotely with flexible work/life balance arrangements
Due to the growth of our clinical psychology programs, we are seeking experienced psychologists with an Area of Endorsement in Clinical Psychology, who hold Board Approved Supervisors status with the Psychology Board of Australia to work with us on a casual or contractual basis.
Established over 60 years ago, The Cairnmillar Institute is a not-for-profit organisation that is solely focused on the advancement of better mental health through education, research and treatment in the field of psychology, counselling and psychotherapy.
Cairnmillar is now one of the largest trainers of postgraduate psychologists and counsellors in Australia.
In addition to our educational programs, we offer a range of clinical services across our four clinic sites (North Melbourne, Hawthorn East, Dandenong and CBD) as well as remote services.
We pride ourselves in offering a flexible and enjoyable collegial workplace.
Supervisors play a key role in the training and assessment required to meet the competency standards of clinical psychological practice. We are seeking suitably qualified supervisors for students undertaking placements in our postgraduate clinical psychology courses.
- Hold general registration with AHPRA and an area of practice endorsement in clinical psychology and have no conditions on your registration.
- Have supervision experience and experience working across the lifespan, including with children and adolescents.
- Have a genuine interest in contributing to the development and training of psychologists and the profession.
- The ability to carry out the full scope of supervision and effectively balance the multiple roles required of supervisors including evaluating supervisee competency.
- Hold a working with children’s check and current police check (or can obtain these checks prior to commencing supervision).
Applicants with experience working with neurodiversity and undertaking/supervising neurodevelopmental assessments are desirable.
The placement supervision role at Cairnmillar provides great opportunities to support clinicians in their development, as well as broaden and develop your own clinical and management skills in a supportive, positive workplace culture.
If you have a want for developing and training the next generation of psychologist or counsellors and psychotherapists in clinical practice, enjoy variety in your work and being part of a team, then we would like you to join us in developing outstanding graduates.
How to apply
Please email your CV along with a statement outlining reasons for applying, relevant experience, knowledge and skills to [email protected]
For more information you are welcome to contact Professor Linda Byrne
The Cairnmillar Institute promotes the following values: collaboration, compassion, integrity, professionalism and respect and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Cairnmillar is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the community it serves.
Acknowledgement of Country
The Cairnmillar Institute acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are meeting. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and the Aboriginal Elders of other communities who may be here today.