Expression of Interest for Associate Lecturers, Lecturers, Senior Lecturers
We are hiring Academic staff.
Are you looking to work in a thriving academic environment, that supports the learning and development of both students and staff?
Due to the growth of our Institute, we are seeking:
- Associate Lecturers (Level A)
- Lecturers (Level B)
- Senior Lecturers (Level C)
Teaching roles in Psychology (undergraduate and post-graduate), Counselling and Psychotherapy (undergraduate and post-graduate), and placement coordination (MPP and Clinical Psychology)
(Full-time, Part-time, or Contract options available). Flexible work conditions.
Established over 60 years ago, The Cairnmillar Institute is a not-for-profit organisation that is solely focused on the advancement of better mental health through education, research and treatment in the field of psychology, counselling and psychotherapy.
Cairnmillar is now one of the largest trainers of postgraduate psychologists and counsellors in Australia.
In addition to our educational programs, we offer a range of clinical services across our four clinic sites (North Melbourne, Hawthorn East, Dandenong and CBD) as well as remote services.
We pride ourselves in offering a flexible and enjoyable collegial workplace.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive salary with packaging options - Based on experience, expertise & qualifications.
- Great team culture – We are a supportive and inclusive clinical team with openness to sharing knowledge, laughs and time with each other.
- Professional development & good clinical governance – We offer ongoing in-house professional development opportunities, the ability to be involved in research and a strong and supportive clinical governance structure.
- Career progression – Diversity and innovation within the organisation allow for opportunities to grow and shine. This is especially possible for those who have special interest areas they would like to develop for example, child, youth and family work, couple work, trauma work, etc. This also includes being more involved with student education and supervision.
Level A – Hold a PhD or near completion, or a Masters degree in Psychology (any Area of Endorsement (AoE)), experience in teaching undergraduate courses in psychology
Level B – (Teaching role) Hold a PhD or equivalent in Psychology, experience leading teaching teams in undergraduate and/or post-graduate psychology courses, have an emerging research profile (preference given to mental health, child and family, or education focused)
Level B (Placement coordinator) Hold a PhD or equivalent in Psychology, or a Masters in Clinical Psychology (or other AoE), hold an AoE in Clinical Psychology (desirable), be a board approved supervisor
Level C – (Teaching role) Hold a PhD or equivalent in Psychology, be a registered psychologist (Clinical preferred but other AoE considered) and board approved supervisor (desirable), have experience leading teaching teams in undergraduate and/or post-graduate psychology, have an established research profile (preference given to mental health, child and family, or education focused)
Counselling and Psychotherapy roles
You have a PhD or a Masters in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy and have experience in delivery of high quality academic programs. Expertise in child and family therapy is highly desirable as is an emerging research profile.
It will also be desirable if you are a Registered Clinician with
- appropriate registration with your governing body (eg: AHPRA, AASW, PACFA, ACA etc.)
- the ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- board-approved supervisor status is highly desirable.
- a Police Check and Working with Children's Check
How to apply: Email your CV with a statement outlining reason for applying, relevant experience, knowledge and skills to [email protected] or contact Professor Linda Byrne [email protected] for more information.
The Cairnmillar Institute promotes the following values: collaboration, compassion, integrity, professionalism and respect and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. The Cairnmillar Institute is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve.
Acknowledgement of Country
The Cairnmillar Institute acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are meeting. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and the Aboriginal Elders of other communities who may be here today.