Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
We strive to create safer communities by providing training to increase awareness and prevent suicide. Our highly experienced, registered trainers deliver the internationally recognised LivingWorks Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshop to equip individuals to assist those at risk of suicide to keep safe and access further support.
We deliver suicide prevention training workshops to mental health and welfare organisations, emergency services, community groups, corporate businesses and individuals.
Training is delivered at our facilities in Hawthorn East, or we can come to your office if you have suitable facilities, for larger group bookings.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Understand the importance of establishing rapport
|6th – 7th December 2018
At Full Capacity
To be placed on the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|391-393 Tooronga Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
Our 2019 course dates are currently being finalised. To register your interested and be notified when they have been confirmed, please email us at email@example.com
If you wish to attend a date that is not listed above or in an alternative city or state, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a group of 10 or more participants, we can come to you!
9am – 4pm (8:30am registration on Day 1)
Standard Price: $385
External Students or Cairnmillar Alumni: $200*
Cairnmillar Students: $80 + GST*
For further information, email the Short Course Coordinator at: email@example.com
*Terms and Conditions apply, please see Enrol Now page for full details.