Working Effectively with Overwhelm and High Levels of Stress
Many clients present to therapy in a state of overwhelm, highly stressed, or being distant from their experience. In both ways, they are stuck in a reactive state and unable to process what they are experiencing and make adaptive choices in their life situations.
This workshop provides experiential learning of the process called “Clearing a Space” that has been developed in the context of Focusing-Oriented Therapy. It can be utilised as a stand-alone process with many applications. Various research studies have confirmed the effectiveness of Clearing a Space process in:
- Immediate reduction of a high level of stress
- Efficient dealing with a state of overwhelm, overstimulation and numbing
- Facilitating a sense of self that is separate from the problems, which enables an instantaneous shift of the whole experience of problems
- Providing incremental release of the bodily tension
- Dealing with sleeping problems
- Promoting a sense of wellbeing in people recovering from cancer and other challenging, chronic health issues
- Supporting students’ learning in all educational settings
- As a tool for a mental hygiene for all health professionals
Upon completion of the workshop, participants would be able to apply the Clearing a Space process in their personal life and professional settings.
Ms Biliana Dearly is a psychotherapist, supervisor and educator who has experience in working with people of all walks of life presenting with a wide range of problems, including working with individuals, couples, and health professionals. She has a particular interest in experiential, process-oriented therapy and working with the ‘whole person’. Biliana is a senior lecturer at the Cairnmillar Institute and a Certifying Coordinator for The International Focusing Institute, USA.
Please note, this course is subject to receiving a minimum number of enrolments.
|Tuesday 9th June 2020||391-393 Tooronga Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
External Students or Cairnmillar Alumni: $60
Cairnmillar Students: $30
Prices include all course material, morning tea, and a certificate of completion which is recognised as five hours of a Cairnmillar Professional Development Program.
For further information, email the Short Course Coordinator at: email@example.com
*Terms and Conditions apply, please see Enrol Now page for full details.