Teaches in Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy
Ms Mary Dewberry completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne in 1981 and her Master’s degree at Swinburne University in 1994. She is a registered clinical and counselling psychologist with 20 years’ experience in private practice. She has been a member of The Australian Psychological Society for over 30 years. She lectures at The Cairnmillar Institute, at Stirling Theological College, and The University of Divinity. Ms Dewberry is also the Director, senior counsellor and trainer for the Southway Counselling Centre, serving the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and in private practice. Ms Dewberry has Membership of The APS College of Clinical Psychologists and The APS College of Counselling Psychologists.
Relationship Counselling; Mental Health Issues with Adults, Adolescents, Children and Families; Supervision; Family Dispute Resolution;
Ms Dewberry’s research interests include christian research, spirituality and well-being, marital satisfaction, psychology and refugees, and psychology and christianity
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Dreaming: Unconscious to conscious (Feb 2014)
- Dreaming: Counselling Applications (April 2014).
- Presentations at Southway Counselling Centre: Emotion-Focused Therapy;
Stress; Empathy and Alliance (2012).
- Presentations at Southway Counselling Centre. Relational Depth; DSM5 (2013).
- Guest lectures with Coptic Orthodox Church, Melbourne College of Divinity, St Athanasius Theological College (2013).
- Transitions to Retirement – regular presentation to the Salvation Army retirees (2013).