Teaches in Psychology
Dr Alexa Kambouropoulos received her PhD in 2008 from Monash University. She is a registered psychologist with over 25 years of experience within the tertiary education and adult mental health sectors. Her early career commenced as an academic at Monash in the Faculty of Education and the School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Medicine. During this time, Dr Kambouropoulos developed and implemented various teaching units and had the privilege of delivering some of these overseas predominantly in Singapore and Hong Kong. As a psychologist, Dr Kambouropoulos has also worked at a major tertiary institution in counselling services and with international students.
Counselling and Health Psychology; Coaching Psychology, Parent/Teacher Education; Adult Mental Health and Behaviour Management.
Dr Kambouropoulos research interests include counselling across cultures, youth health and well-being, and supervision.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2016). The Counselling Experiences of International Students. A paper presented at the World Association for Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling July 20-24, 2016 in New York City, United States of America.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2015). The Barriers to the Utilisation of Counselling services by International Students. World Journal of Education, No 5.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2015). Clinical Psychology Training: Current Challenges. A paper presented at the Australian Psychological Society Annual Golden Jubilee Conference: Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2014). An examination of the adjustment journey of international students studying in Australia. The Australian Educational Researcher, 17, 349-363.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2013). Barriers to the utilisation of counselling services by international students. Deakin University.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2010). Barriers to the utilisation of counselling services by international students. Deakin University: Melbourne.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2008). The Cross Cultural Counselling Experience: An Investigation of Perspectives of International Students and Counsellors. Unpublished Doctoral Thesis. Monash University: Melbourne.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2007). Counselling Cross Culturally: An Investigation of Counsellor’s Perspective. The Australian Psychological Society, Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2006). The Ethical Dilemmas of Human Research in TAFE Institutions. State Wide Moderation of Community and Welfare Studies. Melbourne.
- Kambouropoulos, A. (2003). Crossing Borders: New Frontier for Educational Research.