Designed for OHS, HR and IR practitioners, and/or Managers and Team Leaders, these workshops will provide you with the knowledge and skills to navigate the proposed changes in managing psychological health and safety in Victorian workplaces.
Depending on the course you complete, at the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- understand and promote the importance of psychological health and safety in the workplace;
- identify and control risks associated with psychosocial hazards;
- apply the reporting requirements and obligations in relation to managing mental or psychological health of their employees;
- review and revise measures implemented to control risks associated with psychosocial hazards;
- develop a written prevention plan for certain psychosocial hazards; and
- manage psychosocial complaints and understand how to report certain data to WorkSafe.
Register your team today and ensure your organisation complies with the latest regulations to foster a mentally healthy workplace.
What does this course offer?
Component One – Awareness training: Introduction to Psychological Health and Safety (2 hours)
Content to be covered:
- Historical background of psychological health and safety
- Mentally healthy vs. psychological healthy and safe workplace
- Legislative landscape
- Employer obligations
- What are psychosocial hazards
- Organisational and individual outcomes – harm pathways
- Psychosocial risk management process.
Component Two – Skills training workshop: Psychosocial hazard risk management (4 hours)
Component One is usually a prerequisite for this course. Content to be covered:
- Introducing Psychosocial health and safety into organisations
- Identifying psychosocial hazards
- Assessing psychosocial risks
- Consultation processes and assessment methods
- Controlling psychosocial risks
- Risk control hierarchy and prevention plans
- Reviewing psychosocial controls
- Responding to a report of a psychosocial incident
- Interactions with HR, IR practices and leadership development.
Component Three – Skills training workshop: Masterclass in managing psychosocial risk management (4 hours)
Content to be covered:
- Revision of psychological health compliance codes
- Consultation processes for psychosocial hazard identification
- Psychosocial risk assessment methods
- Case studies of psychosocial hazards
- Practice in developing risk control and prevention plans
- Creating a psychosocial risk register
- Further resources and skill development plans.
There are up to three components for this course. Component One is awareness training, whereas Components Two and Three are skill-based training, conducted either face-to-face or online. The program can be run one component at a time, or together across a day and a half.
- Component One – Awareness training: Introduction to Psychological Health and Safety (2 hours)
- Component Two – Skills training workshop: Psychosocial hazard risk management (4 hours)
- Component Three – Skills training workshop: Masterclass in managing psychosocial risk management (4 hours).
Our team of experts will be happy to deliver the course at a location of your choice, or you can visit our training facility in Hawthorn East, Victoria.
Mr Richard Kaspercyzk
Richard is an Organisational Psychologist with over 25 years of experience of consulting, training and coaching with a particular interest in psychologically healthy and high performing workplaces. Until recently, he was managing director of a large consulting firm delivering services in organisational development, leadership development, employee assistance, critical incident response and early mental injury intervention to over a thousand organisations across all industries in Australia and New Zealand. He is one of the earliest pioneers who applied a risk management framework to managing psychological health in the workplace in Australia.
For more information on how this workshop can help your team, or for group quotes and to secure training dates, please contact our Professional Development and Training team on [email protected] or at 03 9813 3400.
Can the learning outcomes be tailored to my organisation?
This workshop can be customised for an additional fee, to meet the specific needs and goals of your organisation to ensure that the content addresses your unique challenges and objectives. Consider collaborating with our Professional Development and Training team on [email protected] to create a tailored leaning program that aligns with your organisation’s strategic priorities.
From workshops, guest speakers, conferences and seminars, there's always something to do and experience at CMI.
Our Vocational Education and Training (VET) Centre offers a suite of flexible, applied learning options that can be tailored to meet workplace needs.
Upgrade your career skills and deepen your knowledge of mental health, leadership and business subject areas, with flexible microcredential and single subject enrolment.
We have several pathways for people to become psychologists, counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health workers. Find your pathway and unlock your future.