Events and Professional Development Opportunities
Cairnmillar reserves the right to alter any of the published arrangements, either before or during a course or to cancel, substitute or terminate a course where necessary.
Cairnmillar's courses are subject to minimum and maximum group numbers. Courses may be cancelled or postponed if minimum numbers are not achieved by the start date of the course. Courses may close prior to the start date if the maximum numbers are reached. In that situation, eligible applicants will be offered a place in the next available intake.
Cairnmillar reserves the right to terminate a person’s participation in a course:
- If the course is deemed to be beyond his or her ability.
- If the person is being disruptive in class.
- If the student breaches the Institute’s privacy and ethical standards.
- If the student does not abide by the Institute’s rules.
To secure your place in any of our events of professional development courses, a completed enrolment/application form and full payment must be received upon enrolment or prior to course commencement. Payments cannot be made on the day of the workshop.
Our programs attract a 10% concession for health care card holders, pensioners, full‐time students (if no greater discount applies) and people receiving benefits. Those applying for concessions must provide a copy of their student card, social security card, or health care card together with their application when enrolling.
As of 1 June 2022, all transfer requests must be received 28 days prior to commencement of the program. Should a participant be unable to attend a workshop, a substitute attendee is always welcome at no extra charge.
Withdrawal and Refund Conditions
As of 1 June 2022, Cairnmillar will make a full and prompt refund for cancellations received 28 days prior to commencement of the program, less a 10% administration fee. Withdrawals received less than this timeframe will not receive a refund or exchange.
Fees are not refundable after a course has commenced.
- All refund requests must be made in writing to the Short Course Coordinator.
- Cairnmillar does not accept responsibility for any changes in the personal circumstances or work commitments of participants.
- Cairnmillar does not take any responsibility for any books or resources purchased or expenses incurred for use in its courses or programs.
- Special cases may be reviewed for medical/bereavement circumstances where course credit can be requested.
These policies are at the discretion of The Cairnmillar Institute and may change without notice.