Dr Melissa Pech
DPsych(Clinical) BPsych(Honours) BA/BPsych
- Senior Lecturer
- Unit Coordinator
Master of Clinical Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Psychopathology and Intervention
Master of Clinical Psychology (Post-Registration)
- Clinical Psychology: Theory and Practice
- Short- to medium-term clinical intervention for a range of adult and adolescent presenting concerns and psychopathology.
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for clinical sleep disorders, in particular Insomnia and the Circadian Rhythm Disorders.
- Special interest in accessible care for complex trauma and complicated grief presentations.
- Clinical telehealth and the associated training of clinicians in this modality.
- Specialised pre-employment screening and assessment.
Melissa is a Clinical Psychologist who has practised in the field for over a decade, primarily in intervention roles. She completed her clinical training and early work in Canberra, ACT. Melissa has worked across such areas as private psychological practice, occupational rehabilitation, child protection, tertiary student counselling, and more recently in the not-for-profit sector in mental health intervention programs. She has specialised training and experience in the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of clinical sleep disorders. Melissa has a passion for the implementation of accessible interventions for complex trauma and complicated grief, and in the facilitation of clinical telehealth. Melissa has come to Cairnmillar direct from the youth (12-25yrs) and adult mental health sector, where she practised as a clinician within Primary Health Network funded intervention programs, as a Clinical Supervisor (group and individual), and a Clinical Lead across rural youth mental health centres.